Exciting, challenging, rewarding – there is no one word to describe participating in SCC. You’ll learn, but it will take sweat. You’ll complete great service projects, but it won’t always be easy. You’ll meet some great people, but you won’t always see eye-to-eye. It’s about learning, working hard for the environment and communities, and giving something back. We’re glad you’re interested in joining us.
Below is a short synopsis of the application process:
- Research available opportunities; contact Recruiting Coordinators with any questions.
- Complete the application and send it to the appropriate regional office. Applications can be found online, in our regional offices or can be sent via e-mail or mail.
- A Recruiting Coordinator will respond within a week of application submission affirming that the application was received.
- Recruiting Coodinators will contact individuals selected for the interview process and interviews via phone or in person.
- Final selection decisions are made and information is sent to individuals who are offered a position.
- Please note that the staff information and hiring process for Crew Leaders and Seasonal staff differs slightly. Please click here for Crew Leader specific information. Please click here for Seasonal staff openings.
Location Recruiting Coordinator Phone Ancestral Lands – NM & AZ Chas Robles email@example.com 970-216-5988 Four Corners – Durango, CO Anna Hendricks FCrecruiter@sccorps.org 970-403-0141 Los Valles – Salida, CO Cory Connett LVrecruiter@sccorps.org 719-580-3272 Sonoran Desert – Tucson, AZ Jenna Rosengren SDrecruiter@sccorps.org 520-884-5550×1# Western Hardrock Watershed Team Cari Powell firstname.lastname@example.org 970-403-0136
Program Schedule Overview
AmeriCorps Conservation Crew
|AmeriCorps Dolores River Restoration Program||Durango, CO||18-25||Accepting applications for fall 2013.|
|Veterans Fire Corps Corpsmember||Durango, CO / Salida, CO / Tucson, AZ||21+||Accepting applications for all SCC regions. See full description for more details.|
|AmeriCorps Conservation Crew Corpsmember||Durango, CO / Salida, CO / Tucson, AZ||18 to 25||Accepting applications for all SCC regions. See full description for more details.|
|Environmental Stewardship Individual Placements||Southwestern USA and other areas nationwide||18+||Accepting applications for all positions.|
|Western Hardrock Watershed Team VISTA Member||Sites in Colorado and New Mexico||21+||Accepting applications on a rolling basis. Start dates are generally in February, April, July, August and November.|
|Sustainable Forestry Team Corpsmember||Durango, CO||18-25||This program is only available in Durango, CO. See full description for more details.|
|AmeriCorps Regulatory Program Member||Locations nationwide||18+||Accepting applications for positions starting September 1st, 2012 and beyond. See full description for additional information.|
|Acoma Youth Conservation Program||Pueblo of Acoma, NM||14-25||Accepting applications for summer 2013.|
|Connection Corps||San Luis Valley||16 - 20||Accepting applications for summer 2013|
|High School Camping Crew||Durango, CO||16-18||Accepting applications for summer 2013.|
|Los Valles Community Corps||Colorado: Costilla, Saguache and Chaffee Counties. Must live in county you are applying for.||14-18||Accepting applications for summer 2013|
|Youth Crew Leader||Locations in Central and Southwest, CO and Pueblo of Acoma, NM.||21+||Accepting applications for 2013 positions.|
|Field Crew Leader||Durango, CO / Salida, CO / Tucson, AZ / Tuba City, AZ||21+||Accepting applications for 2013. See full description for more details.|
|AmeriCorps Crew Leader Development Program||Durango, CO / Salida, CO / Tucson, AZ||21+||Accepting applications for 2013. See full description for more details.|