Four Corners Internships
Four Corners Internships:
Individual placements with agency partners in Southwest Colorado will allow participants 18 and up to complete 10-17 week programs and gain a variety of skills and experience in natural resource conservation. Living allowance, AmeriCorps Education Award, and start date vary by location.
2013 Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Internship
Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
Position Title: Landscape and Maintenance Intern
Position Type: Full-time, Temporary, lasting 12 weeks
Positions Available: 1
Location: Near Dolores, CO
Living Allowance: Minimum $400/ week
Benefits: AmeriCorps Education Award; Housing available
Position Dates: September 30th – December 20th 2013
Southwest Conservation Corps is seeking an intern to be based out of the Anasazi Heritage Center serving with Canyons of the Ancients National Monument (CANM). Intern will work directly with Maintenance Coordinator providing grounds keeping and maintenance support throughout the National Monument. Additionally there will be opportunities to learn about other aspects of CANM.
Working outdoors in all conditions. Physically demanding duties to include: landscaping, building and grounds maintenance and up keep of large Museum, small dwelling located 25+ miles away, and house located on property. Maintain gardens. Public outreach and Education pertaining to the Plant Select Demonstration Garden, the overall grounds with emphasis on native plants, invasive species and weed management. Assist with landscape planning and implementation. Other duties as necessary.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be in relatively good physical condition, able to hike/walk short distances and carry loads not to exceed 50-60 pounds.
- Ability to work in all outdoor conditions including heat, cold, wind, wet and dry.
- Experience using maintenance and landscaping tools ie. ladders, handtools, wheelbarrows etc.
- Gardening experience.
- Strong interest in career with Federal Land Management Agency.
- Strong work ethic and aptitude for working well independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, work well with others and the visiting public.
- Good driving record (approved to drive by BLM) and current driver’s license.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident.
AmeriCorps Education Award:
In addition to the weekly living allowance, interns will receive $1,468 AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of the internship.
Applications are accepted online only. Please CLICK HERE for the online application.
For more information or questions contact: